Hutchinson Community College campus photo



A financial aid grant is money awarded to a student to pay for education expenses. Grants are given by the federal government, state governments, schools and private institutions. Like scholarships, they do not need to be repaid. Grant providers will stipulate whether a grant should be used toward tuition or additional expenses.

Federal Pell Grant

This grant is awarded to students demonstrating the greatest financial need according to a federal eligibility formula. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate student working toward your first bachelor’s degree. Award amounts for the 2015-16 award year range from $626 to $5,775, depending upon need and hours enrolled.

More information about Federal Pell Grant.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

A grant awarded to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelors degree and who have received a Federal Pell Grant. Awards are made based on financial need and the availability of SEOG monies. They are given out to the most needy students. The Maximum annual award amount at HCC is: $1000.00

More information about SEOG.


Check Out Campus

The excitement here at HutchCC is contagious, and we know that if you see all the things going on, then you will have to come here.

What We Can Offer

Not only do we have amazing faculty, but our campuses and facilities really have a university feel. We provide a lot of opportunities to succeed - just check out these resources...